Friday, June 8, 2012

Friday

It has been a long week and I have not got a lot done. I am going to help my sister-in-law fill her etsy orders tomorrow or Sunday. I want to open my own etsy shop but I am not sure what I would sell.. Maybe crochet patterns and completed pieces or embroidery patterns or sewn items... Not sure. Me and the kids went over to mamaw's yesterday, they got a paddle boat that has pedals to make it go for the big pond behind their house. I wasn't planning on staying very long only an hour or so, but we ended up staying all day till like 5:30pm we even went fishing and caught some little fishies (which we released back into the water) I am so red today and I had long shorts on just above my knees so my legs look funny;) I made my first Dresden Plate, I put it on a little towl and hung it on the front of the stove. It was pretty easy once I got going I did sew the wrong end on the first step so I had to get out my seam ripper but I did enjoy it and I am so happy with how it turned out. I have only sewn maybe 10 times since getting my machine a few months ago. I need to take a class to be better at it, but I am really proud of myself for doing the dresden. I also made my first foundation paper piecing, it is a little piece of cake. I used YouTube to learn how to do it. It was really simple actually and I will definately be doing more of this. I also got some swap goodies. First an angel package from the craftser pinterst swap I love the hook roll I got, along with a stuffie fox and a sock monkey for my son and some fabric scraps.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment